We provide two advice services – JIGSO@236 in the Vale of Glamorgan and TheBasement@53 in Cardiff.
JIGSO@236 is based in Llamau’s office in the Vale.
• Housing and welfare rights advice for young people aged 16 - 25 years old in housing need.
• A social work assistant based in the building who’s role is to undertake joint assessments with Llamau staff for homeless 16 & 17 year-olds.
The Jigso@236 Team work closely with Llamau’s Family Mediation Service & Supported Lodgings Scheme who are also based in the building (please see separate entries for information about these services).
JIGSO@236 Holton Road, Barry, Vale of Glamorgan CF63 4HS
Tel: 01446 748852
Cardiff Advice (formerly known as HOP’s) is known as Basement @53
The service is young person focussed and provides (in partnership with Childrens services and Housing)
• Advice and advocacy in relation to housing and welfare rights for young people aged 16 to 20 inclusive;
• Family Mediation and
• a range of homelessness prevention initiatives
• Joint assessments for 16 & 17 year-olds with Children’s Services (where applicable)
The service operates from 53 Charles Street (the Careers Wales building) and is known as
The Basement @ 53 Charles Street Cardiff CF10 2GD
Tel: 029 2087 3570
Monday - Wednesday 9.30am - 5.00pm, Thursday 12.30pm – 5pm & Friday 9.30pm - 4.00pm
Young people from their 21st birthday onward should access Cardiff Council’s Housing Options Centre, Huggard Buildings, Hansen Street (Off Tresillian Terrace) Cardiff CF10 5DW.